Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Summary Sheet

Just to round off the thread here is the reply I got from John privately:

Start of John's Reply
Thanks for the prompt reply it is most kind

I think I have come across the solution

I followed what you said and whilst doing so I noticed that the Report
Number on the Summary sheet kept getting highlighted - this is set at "1"
Along the top of the details sheet there are Report Numbers - I changed the
number on the Summary sheet to a random number (28) and hey presto the
summary sheet was completed - simple if you know how. Problem is nobody
told us the easy way

John

End of John's reply

--

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Franz Verga" wrote in message
JohnM wrote:
I have a work sheet where I record daily costs for each item used.
I have a seperate summary sheet which I want to show that days cost
for an item and a cumulative total for each item. I have tried
VLookUp but cannot seem to get it to roll on each day

Any help would be appreciated

Hi John,

try with SUMIF function or with SUMPRODUCT.

If you don't give us some more details about your data and/or your
workbook it's quite impossible to say you more...

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao