Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Summary Sheet

John,

You don't say how your sheets are laid out so I am assuming that dates ate
in Column A, Items in Column B and Amounts in Columns C.

For today's total for a Item 1:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A125=TODAY())*(B1:B125="Item 1")*(C1:C125))

For the Cumulative total for Item 1:

=SUMIF(B:B,"Item 1",C:C)

Note that SUMPRODUCT() cannot use whole columns but SUMIF() can.

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"JohnM" wrote in message
I have a work sheet where I record daily costs for each item used.
I have a seperate summary sheet which I want to show that days cost for an
item and a cumulative total for each item. I have tried VLookUp but
cannot
seem to get it to roll on each day

Any help would be appreciated
--