Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Read only on CD drive

Office application do not like documents on removable drives. Copy workbook
to harddrive before working on it. Or in place of a CD/R, use a USB thumb
drive - removable yes, but Excel does not seem to care.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"charles" wrote in message
t...
I am putting excel files on a R/W cd. When I open the file and make some
changes I cannot save it because it says it is read only. I cannot save a
non-read only file to a CD without it changing to read only.
How do I correct for that
charles