Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Hall Tom Hall is offline

Default Excel Invoice Template

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 01:03:01 -0700, Excel Invoice Template Currency <Excel
Invoice Template wrote:

How do I change the currency in Microsoft Excel 2003's Invoice Template. It
automatically shows the total and unit price in $?

I started using the Invoice Template in Office 2000. Once I figured out how
to use the database file that the template would write information to, that
was great.

I recently upgraded to Office 2003, only to discover that the Invoice
Template no longer referenced INVDB.XLS. I had already customized the
template before upgrading, so the installer did not update the Invoice
Template. I later located the template on Disk 1 and tried it, but it too
no longer referenced the database.

With some digging and with the help of Microsoft tech support, I finally
tracked down the company that created the original template for Microsoft,
and found out that the template was apparently designed to work
specifically with Office 2000, and that certain functions were no longer
available if the version of Excel was anything OTHER THAN 2000.

I'm waiting for Village Software and Microsoft to resolve between them who
is responsible for supporting the template, and have been told that a
"fixed" template will eventually be available.

To bring this back to your question, I would guess that you won't be able
to modify your copy of the template to change the currency used, but I
could be wrong about that.

If by chance your version of the template still accesses INVDB.XLS, please
let me know! :-)

You'll know if it's working, because every time you save a worksheet
created with the template, there are TWO prompts -- the first one to save
the file, and the second to update INVDB.XLS. If you're getting only one
prompt, then you're in the same boat I am... :-)

Tom

--
remove .spoo to reply by email