Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default Is this possible ???

You can Conditional Formatting:

Assume "lottery" draw numbers are in Cells B1 to G1

For each column select row 2 for as many players as required, then go to
Format==Conditional Formatting==Formula is: =B2=$B$1 and set format to
required colour.

Repeat for each column i.e =C2=$C$1 etc

HTH

"DB" wrote:

My local pub runs a competition based on the National Lottery.....and the
method they are using takes ages each week.

The punter picks 6 numbers and when the lottery draw takes place each week -
any numbers that a punter has chosen are crossed off, the first punter to
have their 6 numbers crossed off wins the pot.

The pot is always won about every 8 weeks so my idea was to say have a
section at the tops of the chart to input each weeks 6 numbers.

Then below i would type in every person 6 numbers - but the clever bit I was
hoping to try and get Excel to do , would be when I enter the 6 numbers for
that week I would like it to check everyones selections and if it matches
then it would "colour" the box, or some method to indicate that it has been
chosen.

Is this possible or is what i'm asking a bit to much effort.

Many thanks for your time and help.

Dave :)