Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David David is offline

Default random date when i didn't ask for it! driving me CRAZY!

I didn't see this posted so doing it again.
Just put a ' (under the quote key) and whatever you type will be treated
like text.
Good luck!

"pink" wrote:

hello people, i am in the midst of thesis writing and am having a stupidly
stupid problem, that probably is simple to fix, but i have no idea how! never
really used excel, not a fan to be honest, numbers are not my thing! but all
i want to do is type 3-4 in one cell, 5-6 in the next, then 7-8 and so
on....yet EVERY time i do it, it automatically changes to a date??! i have
tried looking in autocorrect, nothing seems to indicate anywhere where i cant
stop this ridiculously annoying thing. i'm going mad right now, its 4.11 am,
my deadline is looming in a few days, and all i want to do is type 4-5 in a
cell!!!! help pleease!!!
thanks! :op