Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Epinn Epinn is offline

Default Why use Subtotals 1-11 instead of the built-in functions directly?

Remember we can't see your spreadsheet. The above question can't be
answered with the info you provided.

Why do you need a spreadsheet? This is a **general** question to understand
a theory/concept. I have already cited my understanding below. I am asking
for examples as to why I want to use one method over the other. Anyone else
who understands what I am asking, please feel free to contribute.

Thanks.

Epinn

"gls858" wrote in message
Epinn wrote:
I see the need to use 101-111 for Subtotals; e.g. I want to ignore

hidden
values.

But, I don't see why I want to use Subtotals 1-11, instead of using the
built-in functions like average, count, max etc. directly.

I do understand that if I use DataSubtotals, I can later modify the
Subtotals function which may have 1-11.

Please enlighten me. Why would I choose Subtotals 1-11 over a more

direct
method? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.

Epinn

Remember we can't see your spreadsheet. The above question can't be
answered with the info you provided.

gls858