Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Choosing multiple items in a drop down list

You can copy the code from the module in the sample file.
In your workbook, right-click on the sheet tab for the worksheet where
you have the data validation.
Choose View Code, and paste the copied code.

The code uses the Worksheet_Change event, and you can only have one
procedure with that name on each worksheet module.

Karen wrote:
I found this file but cannot get my lists to "cooperate" When I try to copy
the code through Project Explorer it tells me there is already an object with
that name in my file. Can you provide more specifics as to what I need to do
with the file below to make my lists multi item select.
Thanks.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

You can do this with programming. There's a sample file he

Under Data Validation, look for 'Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List'

Shad wrote:

Is there a way to allow a user to choose more than one item from a drop down
list in excel? For example, if the column is titled "Groups Affected" and the
drop down list has several groups, how can they choose more than one of those
groups?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List