Jon Peltier

Chris -

When you make a floating chart like this, you need two series. One has the value of
the bottoms of all the bars, the other has the difference of the tops minus the
bottoms. When they are stacked, the first series comes to the bottoms of all the
bars, and the other series stretches from the bottoms to the tops. You must then
format the bottom series to be invisible (no border, no fill).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Chris wrote:

Hi,

I am making a chart in Powerpoint using the Customs Types- Floating Bars
Chart. I have 2 series of data. They are prices. What happens right now is
the bar starts at the low number and then goes the length of the second
number. So for example, if I had 100 and 150. The bar would start at 100
and go to 250. But what I want is a bar that starts at 100 and goes to 150.
Not summing the data, but just going the extra length of the second number -
first number.

Thanks so much!

Chris