Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How can I set excel to automatically insert rows

I am happy you're happy, but none of this, in my opinion, is "automatically
inserting rows"

Gord

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 16:11:02 -0700, Tima wrote:

Well!!! I did accomplish something better just now. I added rows between the
last data entry row and the totals row like you suggested. Then I placed the
totals row at the bottom of the page (view) and placed a split on the row
above it. So now my worksheet will show the running data entries and the
totals at the same time ans still update automatically.
Sorry that I forgot to rate your reply.

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Some folks create the "Totals" row a 1,000 or so rows below the last data
row.
Then, they just insert an additional row right before or after the header
row.
They *link* this extra row to the "Totals" row to display the totals and
*freeze* it together with the header row for a perpetual display of labels
and amounts.
--

HTH,

RD

"Tima" wrote in message
I have a running worksheet to account for expenses and deposits. At the
bottom of the sheet are the total values. I have to keep "inserting" rows
move the values further down the sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP