Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brian Brian is offline

Default Sorting a six digit number by terminal digit

The data is actually all together, ie 123456. NOT 12 34 56.

Thanks.

"starguy" wrote in
message ...

I am not sure that either you have space after two digits or not.
with spaces digits would be like this 12 34 56
without spaces digits would be 123456

confirm that what type of data you have because method would be
different for both type of digits.

Brian Wrote:
Howdy All,

I have record information in a spreadsheet that contains terminal
digit
record numbers.

Terminal digit is a filing system that uses 3 sets of 2 numbers,
example 12
34 56. But the system works kind of in reverse, 56 is the first number
you
look at, then 34, then 12.

I have these record numbers in column B. I need to sort them by
terminal
digit, meaning by the last 2 numbers first, then by the middle 2, and
lastly
by the first 2.

Can someone help me out with a simple solution?

Thanks,
Brian

--
starguy