tjtjjtjt

This means that some of the cells in the Range are Merged and some of them
aren't. For instance:
A1:B1 has been merged
A2:B2 has not
If you try to Sort these columns, you will never get it to work unless ALL
of the cells are merged in the same way as A1:B1 (A2:B2;A3:B3;etc.).

Not that this will help you now, but, if you plan to Sort, you should never
Merge. In fact, you're probably better off never Merging at all.
Consider exploring Format | Cells | Alignment | Horizontal Alignment |
Center Across Selection as an alternative.

tj

"Peter Jefferson" wrote:

I have at least 4 columbs and an varable amount of rows to deal with.

Trying to sort my data by first columb only I get error message of:
requires the merged cells to be identically sized.

I then formatedd all rows heights to 14 and columd widths to 9.
Received same error message. Any insight please?