Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Names too long?

Cross-posting is achieved by posting to more than one group in a single posting.
Just keep adding groups to the address bar.

Those of us with a real newsreader have cross-posting detection so we can weed
out the cross-posts.

Multi-posting is posting the same or similar message to each group.

Multi-posting cannot be detected so is more disruptive.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 00:55:50 -0400, "LMB" wrote:

Thanks, I thought I put this on the Access Getting started group. What is
the difference in crossposting vs multi-posting?