Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Names too long?

Hi Everybody,

Starting to draw out a new database and in the past I have had problems in
certain areas of the database seeing the whole field name. I can see this
may be a problem with the names I have below since they would all look the
same if cut off but I tried to make them short but descriptive. Perhaps
it's in the expression builder section and or other places...Anyway, are
there any suggestions?

Also, I notice that many of the same people answer in the different
newsgroups, queries, reports, etc...I usually post in here but have
occasionaly posted in one of the other spots. I won't cross post but what
is the best way to post...I was thinking getting started meant, new users
but it maybe the place I should have come before I went to table design?
What is getting started for?

tblPtVentThpy
PtVentThpyID
VentThpyTypeID_fk
PtVentThpyStartDate
PtVentThpyEndDate
PtVentThpyStartTime
PtVentThpyEndTime
PtVentThpyOrderNum
PtVentThpyFreq
PtVentThpyOrderPhys
PtVentThpyOnProtocols?
PtVentThpyActive?

Thanks,
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Linda RQ wrote:
[...]

I would probably just use VT instead of VentThpy, but you may have a reason
for the longer name. That would shorten the name up a bit.

Cross posting is certainly preferable to multi-posting.
It's acceptable to cross post to relevant groups. Usually
2 or three groups will suffice. So if it's a question concerning
tables cross-posting to the table design group would be acceptable.
If answered in one group the answer will show in all the cross-posted
groups.

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

A couple of solutions come to mind.

Highlight a column(s) and click on <Format<Column<Autofit selection will
change the width of the column to the widest cell.

Highlight a column(s) and click on <Format<Cells<Alignment<Wrap text
will allow you to specify the width of the column and create a higher row to
accommodate any overlength data. You will also need to click on
<Format<Row<Autofit selection to change the height of rows to see the
overlength data.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Linda RQ" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
LMB LMB is offline

"gls858" wrote in message
Linda RQ wrote:
[...]

Thanks, I thought I put this on the Access Getting started group. What is
the difference in crossposting vs multi-posting?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
LMB LMB is offline

Hi Bill,

I am really sorry, this was intended for the MSAccess Getting started group.
I think I was looking in here when I decided to post in there.

Linda

"Linda RQ" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

LMB wrote:
"gls858" wrote in message
Linda RQ wrote:
[...]

Here's a link that explains it:

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Cross-posting is achieved by posting to more than one group in a single posting.
Just keep adding groups to the address bar.

Those of us with a real newsreader have cross-posting detection so we can weed
out the cross-posts.

Multi-posting is posting the same or similar message to each group.

Multi-posting cannot be detected so is more disruptive.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 00:55:50 -0400, "LMB" wrote:

Thanks, I thought I put this on the Access Getting started group. What is
the difference in crossposting vs multi-posting?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
LMB LMB is offline

Thanks,

I don't usually do either unless I post a question in the wrong group! <g

Linda