Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default how do I email amacro?

And just to add to Gord's response, that's a pretty good reason to avoid sending
the text version of the code.

Why not just send the workbook--or even create a dedicated workbook with your
utilities in it and share that workbook?

Gord Dibben wrote:

The recipient will open a workbook and create a general module.

Recipient will then copy the macro text from the email and paste it into the
module.

Just the reverse of what you did to copy/paste into the body of the email.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 16:41:01 -0700, leo wrote:

I opened the macro and pasted it into an email. How does the receiver store
it as a macro on his computer?

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Leo

Paste the macro in the body of the mail or paste in a txt file and send it.
Or send a workbook with the macro.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"leo" wrote in message ...
I have a macro for excel that I use on a xl file that I download from a
server. How do I email that macro to a friend?
thx

--

Dave Peterson