Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bill Ridgeway Bill Ridgeway is offline

Default Names too long?

A couple of solutions come to mind.

Highlight a column(s) and click on <Format<Column<Autofit selection will
change the width of the column to the widest cell.

Highlight a column(s) and click on <Format<Cells<Alignment<Wrap text
will allow you to specify the width of the column and create a higher row to
accommodate any overlength data. You will also need to click on
<Format<Row<Autofit selection to change the height of rows to see the
overlength data.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Linda RQ" wrote in message
Hi Everybody,

Starting to draw out a new database and in the past I have had problems in
certain areas of the database seeing the whole field name. I can see this
may be a problem with the names I have below since they would all look the
same if cut off but I tried to make them short but descriptive. Perhaps
it's in the expression builder section and or other places...Anyway, are
there any suggestions?

Also, I notice that many of the same people answer in the different
newsgroups, queries, reports, etc...I usually post in here but have
occasionaly posted in one of the other spots. I won't cross post but what
is the best way to post...I was thinking getting started meant, new users
but it maybe the place I should have come before I went to table design?
What is getting started for?

tblPtVentThpy
PtVentThpyID
VentThpyTypeID_fk