Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Epinn Epinn is offline

Default Questions on Auto Filter

Hi,

(1) In the "top 10" dialogue box, there is a choice between "items" and
"percent." I understand "items" but not "percent" which may return more or
less rows when chosen.

(2) On the bottom left of the worksheet, it shows "xx of xxx records found"
for one worksheet while it shows "filter mode" for another after a
**similar** process. I wonder why and how can I make the latter worksheet
to show the no. of records found.

(3) If I don't use "custom" I can only see one salesperson or one region or
one student or one product at a time, right? If I use "custom" it will be a
maximum of 2. Let's say if I want to select all the regions in the east, I
probably need to create a column to categorize the regions (e.g. east, west,
north, south) and select that column, right? Is there a shortcut or trick
without creating an extra column?

Appreciate advice.

Epinn