Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default text wrapping in Excel 2003

Anne

This is not a problem as far as MS is concerned.

The 1024 character limit has been around for a few versions.

Excel is not considered to be a word processing program so not much effort has
been expended to add WP features and functionality.

The Alt + Enter trick is what works for now.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 07:52:01 -0700, Anne wrote:

Same problem!! Did anyone find a way to fix it without resorting to
alt-enter?? Sounds like a common problem!!!

"Kristen" wrote:

Hi Dave,

Yes, this works. However, there are so many occurences in the document that
it will be very time consuming to use Alt-enter for each instance. I was
hoping there was an easier fix. Thanks. Have a good day.

Kristen

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Frank's response to add some alt-enters (every 80-100 characters) is a common
fix to this.

Didn't it work for you?

Kristen wrote:

Hi,

I am having this same problem? Was a solution found?

Thanks!

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
and before sending it try inserting some manual linebreaks with AT+ENTER
every other line

bel
Frankfurt, Germany

Tia wrote:
Hello Frank! Thank you so much for offering to take a look at this
problem for us!!

It doesn't seem like i can add an attachement to this posting. Would
you be able to email me directly so i can forward the Excel doument
to you? (donotspam)

Thank you!!

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
could you mail me an example sheet

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Tia" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have formatted a cell so the text wrapping is active, however,
only the first 8 or 9 lines will wrap--then the text travels
outside the cell and i am having to manually wrap it, which is very
time consuming. Do i possibly have something set wrong somewhere?

--

Dave Peterson