Tia

Default text wrapping in Excel 2003

I have formatted a cell so the text wrapping is active, however, only the
first 8 or 9 lines will wrap--then the text travels outside the cell and i am
having to manually wrap it, which is very time consuming. Do i possibly have
something set wrong somewhere?
Frank Kabel

Hi
could you mail me an example sheet

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Tia" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have formatted a cell so the text wrapping is active, however, only

the
first 8 or 9 lines will wrap--then the text travels outside the cell

and i am
having to manually wrap it, which is very time consuming. Do i

possibly have
something set wrong somewhere?

Frank Kabel

Hi
just send the file to
frank[dot]kabel[at]freenet[dot]de

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Tia wrote:
Hello Frank! Thank you so much for offering to take a look at this
problem for us!!

It doesn't seem like i can add an attachement to this posting. Would
you be able to email me directly so i can forward the Excel doument
to you? (donotspam)

Thank you!!

"Tia" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have formatted a cell so the text wrapping is active, however,
only the first 8 or 9 lines will wrap--then the text travels
outside the cell and i am having to manually wrap it, which is very
time consuming. Do i possibly have something set wrong somewhere?

Frank Kabel

Hi
and before sending it try inserting some manual linebreaks with AT+ENTER
every other line

bel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Tia" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have formatted a cell so the text wrapping is active, however,
only the first 8 or 9 lines will wrap--then the text travels
outside the cell and i am having to manually wrap it, which is very
time consuming. Do i possibly have something set wrong somewhere?

Dave Peterson

Frank's response to add some alt-enters (every 80-100 characters) is a common
fix to this.

Didn't it work for you?

Hi,

"Tia" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have formatted a cell so the text wrapping is active, however,
only the first 8 or 9 lines will wrap--then the text travels
outside the cell and i am having to manually wrap it, which is very
time consuming. Do i possibly have something set wrong somewhere?

--

Dave Peterson
Kristen

Hi Dave,

Yes, this works. However, there are so many occurences in the document that
it will be very time consuming to use Alt-enter for each instance. I was
hoping there was an easier fix. Thanks. Have a good day.

Kristen

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Frank's response to add some alt-enters (every 80-100 characters) is a common
fix to this.

Didn't it work for you?

Hi,

"Tia" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have formatted a cell so the text wrapping is active, however,
only the first 8 or 9 lines will wrap--then the text travels
outside the cell and i am having to manually wrap it, which is very
time consuming. Do i possibly have something set wrong somewhere?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Anne

This is not a problem as far as MS is concerned.

The 1024 character limit has been around for a few versions.

Excel is not considered to be a word processing program so not much effort has
been expended to add WP features and functionality.

The Alt + Enter trick is what works for now.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Frank's response to add some alt-enters (every 80-100 characters) is a common
fix to this.

Didn't it work for you?

Hi,

"Tia" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have formatted a cell so the text wrapping is active, however,
only the first 8 or 9 lines will wrap--then the text travels
outside the cell and i am having to manually wrap it, which is very
time consuming. Do i possibly have something set wrong somewhere?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Alt&Enter is fine unless the appearance of the text needs to be OK both on
screen and when printed (forced breaks using Alt&Enter can appear in the
'wrong' place when the sheet is peinted). If this is the case, copy your text
into a text box, and drag the borders of the text box to exactly the same
width and height as your merged cells. You can use format text box to remove
the border if required.
--
Bertie C

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Frank's response to add some alt-enters (every 80-100 characters) is a common
fix to this.

Didn't it work for you?

Hi,