david

Default lable ranges in Excell

I am working with a customer list that I composed in excell
to allow me to set up mailers & keep track of their address,dob etc I need it
in out look so I can sink my new ipack so I dont have to enter all this data
buy hand. In out look it says that you can import the data but it will not as
it comes up with " the microsoft file .......................................
has nonamed ranges of tha data you want to import". I found where to name
the rnages ( next to the address bar in excell but I am not sure of what to
do. The office assent is pointing me to make them a "cell: but then it gose
to a window that
states:Info_type & a fill in space next to it & under that it says refence &
a fill in space next to that. this all seems to be trying to make a equations
of some type. I have the frist row of cells named ( like the title of what
the colums have in them) Last name,1st Name,Spouse
Name,Title,Company,Home#.Work#, Fax#,Email Address,Mailing Address,City,
State,Zip,etc......I have used this excell sptead sheet many times for fill
in on word like a mailing envlope ( as in mail merge) & it always asks me if
their is a header line to indocate the Name or title of the colum. I am sorry
I am not that trained on excell & I relize that excell is a great program &
has lots of capiblilty like forming cauclations or values but I have never
learned how to use these functions. I realy need to learn this stuff as it
would help me greatly. I know this is alot to ask but could you please help
me so I can import this list so I dont have to hand type it all in. I have
susfully imported this list before into other programs like access & when I
was using Palm for my pda but my palm bit it & I cant hot sink it any more &
I wone this hp ipack & it is windows based & I realy like that as I can see
that it will sute me much better. I feel that this is somethig I can do as
far as the fixing the excell spread sheet but I am leary of trying to name
this & messing it up.

Thank you
David.