Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default broken scales for X axis

#1: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html
Written for the Y axis, but the technique works for either. The URL above
has a step by step example and links to a couple other examples, including
Tushar's.

#2: I don't exactly understand your description.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Shoque" wrote in
message ...

Hi, i have two questions:
1) does anyone know how to create a broken scale for the X axis
(without drawing them in using the line function)?

2) I have on my X axis "Weeks" and on the Y axis "Viral concentration".
Using Tushar-mehta's flexible log scale produced a great Y axis, but
when I changed the X axis scales so that it doesn't start from "week
0", the Y axis values shift so that they're not aligned next to the
major tick marks anymore. How do i stop that from happening, without
physically moving the entire graph and/or the Yaxis values?

Thanks

--
Shoque
Shoque's Profile: