Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default Excel default number format problem

Your screen shot show a CUSTOM (not Number) format with 4 decimal places so
if this is what is set, you will get the results you describe.

"Jason" wrote:

I have a user with an incorrect default cell format in Excel. His
default number of decimal places for a cell with numbers is set to 4
instead of 2. I have no idea how he caused this and I have no idea how
to correct it. In case I'm being ambiguous, here is the procedu
Open a new Excel workbook, choose any cell and go to Format. In the
Format Cell dialog box go to the Number tab and choose the Number
category. The Decimal Places box will be set to 2 by default but in
this user's Excel it is set to 4. How do I get it back to the default
of 2?
I have a screen shot on two different sites in case one doesn't work:
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...mpsonexcel.jpg
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=439712