Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Ken is offline

Default calculate difference between two times

Hi Marcel and Biff
i have tried both of your suggestions and still I get #VALUE!.

i have tried typing in the time manually and still nothing.

i am running out of ideas.

"Biff" wrote:

Check and make sure that the entries are in fact real Excel dates/times.

Try these tests:

=ISNUMBER(B8)
=ISNUMBER(C8)

Both should return TRUE.

If either or both return FALSE....

Select either B8 or C8
Goto the menu DataText to Columns
Select Delimited
Click Finish

Repeat for the other cell if needed.

That might convert the entries to real dates/times.

Biff

"ken" wrote in message
I have tried many different formats and formulas and the worksheet will not
calculate the difference between two times formatted as follows.

6/12/2006 8:03:14 PM 6/12/2006 8:08:55 PM #VALUE!
B8 C8

the formula I used is =C8-B8 and I continue to get #VALUE!!!!!!!!!

I have read the Excel help and it did not help.