Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default If formula - got myself confused!

=SUMIF(A:A,1,C:C)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"JoFo" wrote in message

In English, what I am trying to do is:

I have a spreadsheet where people put in the client activities (demo,
quote etc) by month (i.e. July = 1, August = 2 etc (peculiar financial
year!))
Example:
A------- B--------C--------D---------- E-------F
Month--- Client--ITT-----Quotation-- Demo---Visit
1--------A--------1--------2-----------1
1--------B--------1----------------------------1
2--------A--------1--------1
2--------B----------------- 1-------------------2
3--------C------------------------------1

My boss wants a summary of total activities done over a month, (i.e. no
need for customer details) - she wants to know how many ITTs, Demos etc
were done in July.

If I am trying to see how many ITTs were done in July (1), I can do an
IF function with IFA2:A100=1, ?????? ,0 - I am not sure what to put
into the if true section in order to count up the number of cells in a
column - if I put it to count C, then I either get 1 or 3 - I can't get
it to tell me that there were 2 ITTs done in July.

Help! I've got myself into a complete muddle over this!
Thanks!

(Edited coz the board took away all my spacing...)

--
JoFo
JoFo's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=562428