Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Samad Samad is offline

Default ToolsAutoCorrect options...Where's this data file on my PC?

Hi Douglas23

Sorry I can't help about your problem as you defined but I thank you to give
me a great tip I knew about auto correct option but didn't realize I can use
this option in this sense
Can you tell me in detail, did you put customers detail in auto correct
list? it would be great help for me.

Thanks

"Douglas23" wrote:

Hello Excellers,

The AutoCorrect function has proven to be an amazing time-saver for my
company. We use it to enter customer names and even complete addresses
w/ phone #s etc. into our spreadsheets.

For example: just by typing a three letter code like *jsk* and then
hitting ENTER (or spacebar or any punctuation), it saves us from typing
John Smith Kitchens, Inc. And by entering *jsk1*, we've got Excel
correcting it as:

John Smith Kitchens, Inc.
123 Main Street
Theirtown, NH 55555
(603)555-5555 Phone
(603)555-5556 Fax

Entering the 100+ company names & addresses took some time up front but
was worth every keystroke for the time it is saving us now.
_The_problem_is_this...I'd_like_to_import_this_Aut oCorrect_data_into_other_PC's_in_our_office,_but_I _don't_know_if_there_is_a_way_to_do_it._Is_there_a _way_to_export_this_data_or_locate_the_hidden_data _file_on_the_1st_PC_and_drop_it_in_the_next_PC_in_ the_appropriate_place_where_Excel_will_find_it?_

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!:)

Troy

(BTW: Most of our PCs are using Windows XP and Excel 2003 with the
exception of 1 using W2000 and 1 using W98.)

--
Douglas23
Douglas23's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36177