Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Douglas23 Douglas23 is offline

Default ToolsAutoCorrect options...Where's this data file on my PC?

Hello Excellers,

The AutoCorrect function has proven to be an amazing time-saver for my
company. We use it to enter customer names and even complete addresses
w/ phone #s etc. into our spreadsheets.

For example: just by typing a three letter code like *jsk* and then
hitting ENTER (or spacebar or any punctuation), it saves us from typing
John Smith Kitchens, Inc. And by entering *jsk1*, we've got Excel
correcting it as:

John Smith Kitchens, Inc.
123 Main Street
Theirtown, NH 55555
(603)555-5555 Phone
(603)555-5556 Fax

Entering the 100+ company names & addresses took some time up front but
was worth every keystroke for the time it is saving us now.
_The_problem_is_this...I'd_like_to_import_this_Aut oCorrect_data_into_other_PC's_in_our_office,_but_I _don't_know_if_there_is_a_way_to_do_it._Is_there_a _way_to_export_this_data_or_locate_the_hidden_data _file_on_the_1st_PC_and_drop_it_in_the_next_PC_in_ the_appropriate_place_where_Excel_will_find_it?_

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!:)

Troy

(BTW: Most of our PCs are using Windows XP and Excel 2003 with the
exception of 1 using W2000 and 1 using W98.)

--
Douglas23
Douglas23's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36177