Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Laura_lsmarketing Laura_lsmarketing is offline

Default Book.xlt in doesn't open as default

Thanks Dave

I know it will work there but the MS Excel help dialogues imply it should
also work in my default template folder. So what I don't understand is why I
can change my default MS Office template folder and it works for Word and
PowerPoint but this does not apply to Excel. I'm rolling a suite of
templates out to 500 colleagues and really only want everyone to have to
change one setting and have one folder of templates. It is not very user
friendly to have people faffing about with template and start up folders is
it?

Thanks for trying to help so quickly though

Laura
:-)

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Try moving your book.xlt to that XLStart folder.

Laura_lsmarketing wrote:

I created a template with corporate fonts headers footers etc & called it
Book.xlt

My MS Office template path is c:\DATA\templates and my Normal.dot and
Blank.pot both work fine.

But my default spreadsheet is not my Book.xlt

PS There is nothing in my C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart

I am completely stumped
Can Anyone out there help

--

Dave Peterson