Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
guyvanzyl guyvanzyl is offline

Default extracting comma seperated from a single cell and auto populating in selected cells o

Chuck and Gord

Thanks for your input, but I'm still having problems. Let me try once
more. This is probably quite simple and I'm being stupid, but I'm
determined to crack this one. So here goes another explanatory
approach.

I want to be able to copy a csv file into a single cell in an excel
spreadsheet. I then want to apply a formula to a particular cell which
result that cell being automatically populated with the relevant piece
of data from the csv file when I paste it. The formula needs to take
into account that the relevant field in the csv file could be empty or
could have 1+ chars.

The reason I want to do this is that in the future when I run data
extracts, I can check the contents of the csv file by paste into a
spreadsheet I have set up with all the database tables and column names
in it.

I hope this makes sense. Your help is much appreciated.

--
guyvanzyl
guyvanzyl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35927