Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default Custom Format - show as decimal

I can think of a couple of ways to do this.

1. Use event code that divides 124 by 1,000,000 when you enter it

2. Enable ToolsEditFixed Decimal Places and set for 6

Note: second option can be turned on/off by macro for ease of use.

Post back if want to go either of these routes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 07:57:02 -0700, Heidi
wrote:

I need to enter a lot of numbers that look like "0.000124". There are always
3 leading zeros after the decimal.

I'd LIKE to just ENTER "124" and have excel convert it to the "real" number
automatically (sort of like if you enter 40 in a % formatted column, it
automatically converts it to 0.40).

Do I have to use a formula, or is there a custom format that would work?
Thanks!