Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheila D

Default How do I import a CSV file to excel

Do you have each bit of data seperated with , or some other character. When
you do the Data Import make sure you choose delimited on the 1st screnn and
then specify how the data is seperated. HTH
Sheila
"lorraine knight" wrote:

I have a csv file seperated by a ; in a notepad. one line has 10 bits of
data, there are upto 40 lines or records. I want to import the data to
excel, when I use the Data/Import wizard, it places each record within
the notepad to one column, how do I get it to split the data within
each of the ; into a seperate column, using one row for each record.

Lorraine

--
lorraine knight
lorraine knight's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35294