Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Bill Manville

Default Querying Info inside excel

I would avoid querying a querytable in the same file.
For one thing, I think it will be querying the copy of the file on
disc, not the open version in which you have just refreshed the first
query in.

I would refresh the first query using a macro, give its result range a
name and have your formulas reference this range in VLOOKUPs to find
the relevant data.

The macro might be something like:

With Worksheets("WhereThe1stQueryIs").Range("A1").Query Table
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
With .ResultRange
.Resize(,.Columns.Count+2).Name = "QueryPlus"
End With
End With

Then your formulas can do VLOOKUPs in the range QueryPlus which will be
the results of the query plus the extra columns.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England