Peter Frank

Default Filter two columns with criterion applying to one or the other?

Hi,

I am looking for a solution to the following filtering problem:
I have two adjacent columns, so using a filter for both of them is no
problem. But what I want to do and don't know how to do is this:
I want to filter for values greater than x (a certain number, in my
case 5000) in any of the two columns. I can filter both columns for x
greater than 5000 but that filters out more than I want because there
may be some cells with a value greater than 5000 in only one of the
two columns.

Is there a solution to this problem (using Excel alone or an add-on)?

Peter