gb_S49

Thanks for the info.
I did try the edit labels but when the data is changed the chart label does
not reflect change.
Out of interest, as I share my charts etc. would charttools have to be
loaded to all pc's?

"John Mansfield" wrote:

Yes,

You might want to check out these resources:

John Walkenbach's Chart Labeler:

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm

Rob Bobey's Chart Labeler:

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

A VBA routine to add custom labels:

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce..._chart_labels/

Finally, you can select the individual data label by clicking on it until it
looks like there is a box around it. Go to the Standard Toolbar and hit
Format - Selected Data Labels - Number Tab - Custom option. Enter
something like "this label = 5" in quotations. This will custom format the
individual label.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"gb_S49" wrote:

Is there a way to add more information to a pie chart data label other than
manually edit, as this disables the link to source aspect.