Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
The Toasterman

Default Data Sort

Yes it is two columns of data contained in a workbook.

It pulls through data from another sheet & not all cells are filled. Those
not filled show as 0 & I need the 0 to remain at the bottom after I have sort
all the remaining text in column B into alphabetical order.

Does this make sense.

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Do you mean that you have two columns of data? If so, are these columns
A and B? Which column do you want to sort on? Does this column contain
a mixture of numbers and text?

One way to do this is to use a helper column (column C), whereby if
there is a number in column A (assuming you want to sort on this
column) you can change this to "zzzz"&number.The following formula in
C2:

=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),"zzzz"&TEXT(A2,"000000"),A2)

can be copied down for as many items as you have in column A, and is
suitable for numbers up to 1,000,000. Then you can sort on column C and
delete column C after the sort.

Hope this helps.

Pete

The Toasterman wrote:
I have two rows of data that need to be sorted. The data includes text &
number strings & I need to text to remain at the top after the sort.

Is this possible?