Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ardus Petus

Default Find in a Grid

Say you search criteria are in A1 (number across) and A2 (number down)

=INDEX(Sheet2!A2:C4,MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A2:A4,0),MATCH (A1,Sheet2:A1:C1,0))

HTH
--
AP

"Stanley" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
I have a grid that has numbers across the top and the same numbers down the
left side. I need to be able to lookup the numbers given by the user and
show
the results of the search on the page. I need to have the grid on a hidden
page and the search on the first sheet. I know I could put them into
columns
saying something like

colA colB colC
1 1 Yes
1 2 No
1 3 Yes
2 1 Yes
etc...

But you can see how much more work that would be since the grid is already
done. Any ideas?

Stanley