Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
paul

Default Automatic data entry

if you are mimicking a "normal" distance table you will need to have a cell
for the vlookup value,then a match function in your lookup to find the
appropriate column
something like =
vlookup(city1,distance_table,match(city2,city2name row,0),false)
I suggest your two lookup values are chosen from dv list or combo box so
that you always get the spelling right and you choose the right cities from
the column or row

paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"Franz Verga" wrote:

Nel post
*phil2006* ha scritto:

I have a distances grid. I need the data from the grid to enter into
my sheet automatically when I type the two towns into columns 1 and
2. SO when I type tow towns into the sheet it reads the distance from
the corresponding box in the grid. Vlookup hasn't worked for me so
far.

Thanks

How are your data: row, columns, and so on.

If you don't tell us ho your data are on the worksheet, it'quite impossible
to help you...

Help us to help you... :-)

--
Thanks in advance for your feedback.