Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default new time series chart type

Gary -

Applying a log scale to the Y axis would produce the straight lines. There
are several examples of such arbitrary axis scales on my web site:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...tml#AxisScales

The shading could be produced with stacked area chart series having
carefully engineered values.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Gklass" wrote in message
The New York Times (the printed edition, I can't find it on line) new uses
a very interesting chart type to display stock price trends.

It shows the stock price trendline and straight lines from the base year
indicating +\- constant percentage changes.

They look something like this:
http://lilt.ilstu.edu/gmklass/poverty.gif
except:
The x axis is scaled so the the percentage change produces straight lines.
It includes several constant percentage change lines with the areas
shaded: a plus or minus five percent growth rate will be shaded dark, a
ten percent, shaded lighter.

If I spent all day, I image I could produce one of these, but I was
wondering if someone already had a macro that would do it.
--
Gary M. Klass
Associate Professor

ISU\IWU Habitat Collegiate Home