Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
bejewell

Default Default settings not applied to new documents

I followed the instructions I found on this board to change the default
settings for new workbooks, and it works perfectly when I first open Excel
and being a new workbook. But if the first new document is already open
(Book1), and I open another new document (Book2, Book3, etc.), most of my
settings are not applied. Cell alignment, column width, etc. are all back to
the factory default. The only setting that seems to remain the same defaul
is my font size.

should I have saved multiple templates if I want to start mutiple new
documents within the same Excel session? Any help would be great.