Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sharon A

Default Importing Data from Access

I have found a way round it, but I'm not sure if it will help.

I created another user in access with no password. Obviously I won't make
user id known to anyone. I assume a password could be assigned & this put in
somewhere in the query but I don't think it's neccessary within my company.

I then went in to Edit OLE DB Query & under the User ID= I typed in the new
user name. Then under the Jet OLEDB:System database= I coped the .mdw file
stem from Targets in the properties box for the shortcut to the Access file,
including the "" 's

This seems to work, I hope I've explained it clearly (probably not!) & that
it's useful for you

"baconroll" wrote:

I need some help please.

I am trying to use Microsoft Query within Excel to create querys from a
database I have created in Access. This works fine for databases i have
created without any security logins but as soon as I try to connect to a
database which has secured logins, it keeps coming up with an error message
saying I do not have suffient rights to adminster the database - even though
I am putting in the correct login username/password ( i am the
administrator). Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreicated.