Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
JasenD

Default Can I preserve chart formatting when the source data is updated?

My source data is in a list, and when I add data to the list, the chart
automatically updates by adding the new data but all chart formatting is
lost. I would like to know what I have to do to preserve the formatting of
the chart when updating the data.

I read similar questions in the forumns about losing formatting when working
with Pivot Charts, and that this can be fixed with Macros. I am not very
familar with Macros, and it seems like it would be more work than it is worth
to preserve formatting in a normal chart.

Is there an alternative method?

Thank you.