Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Pete_UK

Default date sorting troubles

Well, I've never encountered that myself, so I can't explain it.
Perhaps with some more explicit examples - can you enter a few dates
and sort them and report back with the exact dates you used?

Pete

Nevin wrote:
I had a range of data individually dated on various days in the month of may
this year and quite a few from june of this year as well. When i went in to
sort, it took all the rows dated for june and kept them in order, but placed
them in the middle of the rows dated for may. Do you need more?

"Pete_UK" wrote:

As dates are stored internally as serial numbers, they should sort
okay. Can you please explain what trouble you are having, by giving us
a few examples?

Pete

Nevin wrote:
I have a simple spreadsheet with the date column formatted as (June 13, 2006)
and I am having trouble with the sorting. I have tried various tips via
searching, but to no avail. Could someone help me with this. If you need
more information, Ill give it to you. Thank You