Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default Improving Excel Performance - London Excel User Conference - July 19-21

my upcoming 12000 word white paper

Will this be available in the public domain? I'd really like to get a copy.

Biff

"Charles Williams" wrote in message
My session on the 19th will be based on my upcoming 12000 word white
paper: it has been interesting developing and testing the examples!

a very rough outline of the session is as follows:
- Full Calculation, Recalculation, Dependencies, Volatility
- calculation methods
- measuring calculation time
- Methods for finding and prioritising bottlenecks
- 4 Golden rules for improving performance
- Examples will include:
- Period-to-date sums
- Error handling
- lookups
- comparison of 4 methods for doing a CountUnique: Array formula,
Sumproduct, UDF, additional formulae. (there is a speed improvement factor
of over 500 between the slowest and the fastest of these).

Hope to see lots of you there!

regards
Charles
Decision Models