Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default distinguishing formula cells

You could use Format|Conditional formatting and a UserDefined Function.

In a General Module:

Option Explicit
Function IsFormula(rng As Range)
IsFormula = rng(1).HasFormula
End Function

Then back to excel and use this in your Format|conditional formatting rules:

Formula is: =isformula(A1)

(If A1 is the activecell.)

" wrote:

I have a column where most cells are based on a formula; but from time
to time I would override selected cells with a plain number.

Is there a way to automatically show (say with a shading) which cells
in a column are based on formulas and which cells are directly entered
numbers (the ability to do either one is sufficient, but I'd like to
know how to do both) ?

Thanks in advance - its amazing how much help one gets in this ng.

--

Dave Peterson