Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Liliana

Default reference in another workbook related to the name of material

what's wrong in the picture?
I used vlookup (have no idea if it is right, cause I don't know the meaning
of A2, which should be "Lookup_value" The value to search in the first
column of the table array. Lookup_value can be a value or a reference. what
is this mean?????)

Anyway, here-s my formula:
=VLOOKUP(A2,[Book1_old.xls]Sheet1!$C$1:$G$1602,7,FALSE)
,[Book1_old.xls]Sheet1!$C$1:$G$1602 - this is the range area from the other
workbook
7 - the column G from where I want to get the value
Lookup value -?
I want to take the value that correspond to a certain name of material (for
example:"BOLTS") which is somewhere in the A column (the row position is
changing almost daily)!

Does anyone have enough time to help me bring some light in this issue,
please???
I really need it!!!

Thanks,
Liliana