Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Andrew

Default Hyperlinks do not work on local machine.

Thanks Bill. I tried your suggestion but it does not seem to change
anything...

Here is a very strange thing. In my spreadsheet I have some cells that work
and others that do not. Both seem to be pointing to the same folder and when
I go to "hyperlink edit" they show file location in the same format:

.../Flood%202005%20Pictures/September%202%20Oak%20Bar%20Demo/Flood%202005%20007.jpg

The working one was in the spreadsheet before I think (I believe that the
original spreadsheet was created using version 2000). The one that is not
working was created recently.

Also if I "edit hyperlink" of the working one and repoint to the same
picture in the same folder, the link stops working.... doesn't show any
error message... nothing ....

Andrew

"Bill Manville" wrote in message
Try

File / Properties / Summary / Hyperlink Base /
\\Nonexistent server\Nonexistent folder
and let us know if that helps (especially with hyperlinks subsequently
created in that workbook)

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England