Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Miriam

Default How do I copy columns between worksheets if the columns don't

If you don't mind giving me a few more minutes of your time, I would like to
give you an example of the problem;

This is worksheet 1 (this is a master list of Agents and Codes):

A B C
AGENT'S NAME CODE AMOUNT DUE

1201 FINANCIAL 10541-N $-
1ST GLOBAL INSUR. SERVICES 640 $-
1ST PROFESSIONAL 396 $-

This is Worksheet 2 ( this is updated weekly with amounts due from Agents):

Agents Name code Current Amount Due
1201 FINANCIAL& 10541- $216.24
1ST GLOBAL 640 $3.33
A. K. J. LTD. 5506 $28.56

I need Column C from Worksheet 2 to merge with Column C in Worksheet 1, with
the correct dollars going with the correct agents. Otherwise, the dollars
have to be manually input every week.

Thanks

"Marcelo" wrote:

Miriam, try to look on this web page some tips regarding vlookup and other
functions

http://www.bettersolutions.com/excel...O911818331.htm

regards

"Miriam" escreveu:

I guess I do not know what vlookup is.

"Marcelo" wrote:

so, why not to copy the all column and get the other data with vlookup?

"Miriam" escreveu:

whatever will work

"Marcelo" wrote:

Hi Miriam, do you need to copy or is possible to do it by a vlookup function?

regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Miriam" escreveu:

I have 2 worksheets in which I have to copy one column of cells from one to
the other. The problem is that the "main" worksheet lists nearly 3,500
clients and I have to copy numbers into the "main" worksheet on weekly basis
from another worksheet that lists only about 1,100 of those 3,500 clients.
Both client lists are in alphabetical order, but I obviously cannot just copy
one column into the other, because then the numbers won't be matching the
correct clients.