Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Default How do I copy columns between worksheets if the columns don't

sorry, imagine that you have a worksheet like this:

COL A B C
Name ID status
Miriam 123456 1
John 145787 2
Mary 156578 4

in another worsheet you need to the 3rd column information, the A column as
the same.

COL A B
Name Status
Miriam =vlookup(a2;sheet1!A2:C3,3.0)
John
Mary

it will return 1 on b2

Note the VLOOKUP found the a2(Miriam) on the range A2:C3 on the Sheet 1, and
return the 3rd column.

hope this helps
regards
Marcelo

"Miriam" escreveu:

I guess I do not know what vlookup is.

"Marcelo" wrote:

so, why not to copy the all column and get the other data with vlookup?

"Miriam" escreveu:

whatever will work

"Marcelo" wrote:

Hi Miriam, do you need to copy or is possible to do it by a vlookup function?

regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Miriam" escreveu:

I have 2 worksheets in which I have to copy one column of cells from one to
the other. The problem is that the "main" worksheet lists nearly 3,500
clients and I have to copy numbers into the "main" worksheet on weekly basis
from another worksheet that lists only about 1,100 of those 3,500 clients.
Both client lists are in alphabetical order, but I obviously cannot just copy
one column into the other, because then the numbers won't be matching the
correct clients.