Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Miriam

Default How do I copy columns between worksheets if the columns don't matc

I have 2 worksheets in which I have to copy one column of cells from one to
the other. The problem is that the "main" worksheet lists nearly 3,500
clients and I have to copy numbers into the "main" worksheet on weekly basis
from another worksheet that lists only about 1,100 of those 3,500 clients.
Both client lists are in alphabetical order, but I obviously cannot just copy
one column into the other, because then the numbers won't be matching the
correct clients.