Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Craig

Default Excel: replace all 2 spaces to FF/LR in column of text

Thanks for the response ... I tried your suggestion and I get a "Formula is
too long" error message. I am sure to enter " " (no quotes) in the Find
What box and keystrokes ALT (down), numeric pad keystrokes 010, ALT(release)
.... then Replace.

Any ideas ?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

First select only the cells you want to change
Pull-down:
Edit Find and go straight to the Repalce tab
in the Find What field enter two spaces
in the Replace with field USING THE NUMERIC KEYPAD enter ALT-010
then replace all.

ALT-010 means holding down the ALT key and then pressing 010 and only then
releasing the ALT key.

--
Gary's Student

"Bill Craig" wrote:

I am dumping a tab-delimited file into Excel 2002 which results in 6 columns
(Title, Assigned To, Due Date, Log). The Log field can be quite long and be
a concatentation of comments from different sources/users. When displaying
in Excel, the comments in the Log field run together (but it appears that the
break point should be where there are two spaces next to each other). I have
tried all I can think of to replace any occurrence of 2 spaces with a
LineFeed and FormFeed (aka ALT-ENTER) ... but with no luck.