Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Andrew

Default Hyperlinks do not work on local machine.

When I open the Excell document on my networked computers I do it through
the full network name as I do not have it mapped to a network drive ...

Here is however another piece of information. I created a brand new excell
document on my local compueter and just inserted one hyperlink to one of my
pictures (all on local computer). When I click on my hyperlink it works ...
however as soon as I save my Excell document and re-open it, my hyperlink
stops working ....

Andrew

"ch" wrote in message
"Andrew" wrote in
:

I have a folder with pictures and another folder with Excell
spreadsheet in which I have hyperlinks defined to the pictures in
the pictures folder. I am using Office 2003. I am experiencing a
very strange behaviour:

a) I can open my Excell file from two other computers on my
network and when I click on hyperlink the pictures they display
O.K. I can also add new hyperlinks pointing to the pictures and
again they work fine.

b) when I open the same Excell file on my local computer and try
to click on the same hyperlink nothing happens - no errors no
pictures displayed

c) again on my local computer5, when I try to add a new hyperlink
in the same spreadsheet pointing to the same folders with pictures
it seems to define it correctly, but when I click on hyperlink,
nothing happens again (no errors and the picture does not display
correctly)

What could be causing this problem?

Can you map your local drive to have the same drive ltr as the
networked drives?